Thursday, December 07, 2006

Ready, Set, Retail!

A growing number of our customers are looking to sell their digital media projects in a retail environment. But most large retailers do not accept products without a barcode. Fear not, GLMT can print and apply barcode labels for a variety of CD and DVD packages. People working in entertainment sectors, film, software, and publishing need to follow standards for retail tracking and processing in order to have their products placed. Now we will be able to help those people get their products to market.

The process is simple. Customers can either provide existing barcodes or purchase them through Great Lakes Media Technology. The labels are then printed with the corresponding product information and applied to the spine of the packaging. Once these products arrive at retail locations, the barcode labels are scanned upon purchase for the retailer's inventory. Let us know if you need spine barcode labels on your next project.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi there,

A while back I brought some software so that I was able to print out my own barcode labels. The software was not really that good as it would never properly create my barcode labels. In the end I found a British labels company who printed my barcode labels for me at a low cost. It saved me a lot of messing around really!