Wednesday, June 24, 2009

GLMT Discs: Made in the USA

I'll just come right out and say it: this recession sucks. There's really no way around it. How did we get to this point? Well, one could go on forever with a million different explanations (I'll spare you my personal opinion). Instead, I prefer to focus on something more positive - the things I have control over. This includes how I spend the few precious extra dollars I have. One thing I have been more conscious of is buying local products; using the power of the free market to help those closest to me. I've been taking the extra moment at the store to look for the sticker that tells me where a product was made. If I see “Made in the USA,” I find myself just a little more likely to put that thing in my cart.

With that, I am proud to say that GLMT replicates discs right here in the United States. No outsourcing to China here; the machines are right here in Mequon, Wisconsin, with American workers cranking out the product. Discs go straight from the replication machine, to the printing press, to the packaging line, without ever leaving the building! We don't slap a big “made in the USA” sticker on the back (we'd rather make sure your drive can read the data), but we want you to know that when you buy from us, you're keeping jobs right at home.

No comments: